Old 11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
"Goliff, Lewis A."

Default Karmic Koala installation problem

have tried installing ubuntu 9.10 on a dell latitude d600 on which i had
previously installed ubuntu 9.04 without any issues. the first time i ran the
upgrade install, the second a clean install. both attempts yielded the same
results – 9.10 installs and boots up just fine, but the first time i try
to open any of the applications or utilities everything locks up.

*

at
this point i have successfully reinstall 9.04, which is working fine, but i
would really like to move to 9.10. any ideas as to what my problem might be?

*

Lewis A. Goliff

mailto:lgoliff@gfnet.com*

Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM

Does the live cd run OK?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
"Goliff, Lewis A."

not
sure what you are referring to when you say “live cd”. i created an install cd
from the downloaded iso and it ran just fine – no errors.

*

LAG

*