Old 11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Haseeb ul Hasan

Default Grub loader problem

I had a dual boot vista with 8.1 ubuntu 64 bit. I wanted to wipe out
the 64 bit and install the new version with 32 bit later some time.
I loaded ubuntu's cd and formated the drive and changed the file
system to ntfs cuz i wanted to use the drive in windows for a few days
before i installed the new version. Then i successfully returned to
windows. Went to windows disk management and reformated it, i MADE A
MISTAKE HERE AND ALSO DELETED another drive which was showing .i
think it was the swap drive.
Then i MADE ANOTHER MISTAKE THAT I HIBERNATED THE WINDOWS.
Next time I booted grub tries to load gives 'error 17'.....i tried to
reinstall ubuntu to boot my machine but it gives an error cuz i
hibernated the windows.
What can i do to boot windows.
I have a big day in office tomorrow morning. Plz help.
Regards,
M. Hasan

--
Sent from my mobile device

Old 11-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Haseeb ul Hasan

No worries guys... i solved it with this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

thnx anyways...

Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
NoOp

On 11/09/2009 09:46 AM, Haseeb ul Hasan wrote:
> I had a dual boot vista with 8.1 ubuntu 64 bit. I wanted to wipe out
> the 64 bit and install the new version with 32 bit later some time.
> I loaded ubuntu's cd and formated the drive and changed the file
> system to ntfs cuz i wanted to use the drive in windows for a few days
> before i installed the new version. Then i successfully returned to
> windows. Went to windows disk management and reformated it, i MADE A
> MISTAKE HERE AND ALSO DELETED another drive which was showing .i
> think it was the swap drive.
> Then i MADE ANOTHER MISTAKE THAT I HIBERNATED THE WINDOWS.
> Next time I booted grub tries to load gives 'error 17'.....i tried to
> reinstall ubuntu to boot my machine but it gives an error cuz i
> hibernated the windows.
> What can i do to boot windows.
> I have a big day in office tomorrow morning. Plz help.
> Regards,
> M. Hasan

Maybe this will help:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2