Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Tom H

Default Prepending

> Hi! *I have a suggestion that I would like to make about the mailing
> list. *I'm subscribed to several Ubuntu mailing lists and I also like to
> use a message filter to put them in a separate folder instead of having
> all of them go to my inbox folder. *I've noticed that the Xubuntu-users
> list adds a [xubuntu-users] to the subject line. *Is there any way that
> the same can be done with the Ubuntu users list? *by doing so it would
> make setting up a message filer in Thunderbird so much easier and reduce
> the possibility of messages from one list going into another lists
> folder. *As it is now I've had to set up several conditions to keep the
> Kubuntu Users list separate from the Ubuntu user list. *In fact if all
> of the mailing lists did this that would be great, as then it would make
> it so much easier for a novice Ubuntu user to set up a message filter.

You are going to generate alot of pro and con commnets!

I filter using the recipient field (ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com) -
in Gmail; I have never used Thunderbird but it must be possible too.
And I could filter using the subject if this change were to be made.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Rei Shinozuka

I think it would be a great idea. Many of the mailing list groups I
subscribe to have this features. My only recommendation: keep the
subject stamp long enough to be meaningful, but otherwise as short as
possible.

thanks,
-rei

Old 11-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Rashkae

Dax Solomon Umaming wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to get your feedback on this matter.
>
> Thanks

I used to feel the same as the op. However, it's pretty simple to
create a thunderbird filter by the List-id header, which removes any
guesswork and saves the precious space in the subject line display.

Indeed, lists that include[list_name] only serve to encourage my
laziness and *not* filter them automatically.