Old 11-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Pratik K Anand

Default Customizing Ubuntu 9.04

Hi...I'm Pratik, a final year computer science student.
I'm planning to customize Ubuntu, (and make something similar to Edubuntu) so that it suffices most/all of my university requirements, in a way that there is no need of installing any additional s/w but the O.S. itself comes with all the required packages...Currently we are using Windows, I've got the list of open source alternatives...but I don't know how do I go about it...So can anyone please give me some ideas or leads?

--
thanks for your time,
Pratik K Anand

Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Raseel Bhagat

Hi...I'm Pratik, a final year computer science student.
I'm planning to customize Ubuntu, (and make something similar to Edubuntu) so that it suffices most/all of my university requirements, in a way that there is no need of installing any additional s/w but the O.S. itself comes with all the required packages...Currently we are using Windows, I've got the list of open source alternatives...but I don't know how do I go about it...So can anyone please give me some ideas or leads?

Is Remastersys what you are looking for ?

--
Raseel

Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Nils Kassube

Pratik K Anand wrote:
> Hi...I'm Pratik, a final year computer science student.
> I'm planning to customize Ubuntu, (and make something similar to
> Edubuntu) so that it suffices most/all of my university
> requirements, in a way that there is no need of installing any
> additional s/w but the O.S. itself comes with all the required
> packages...Currently we are using Windows, I've got the list of open
> source alternatives...but I don't know how do I go about it...So can
> anyone please give me some ideas or leads?

If you want to customize the Ubuntu LiveCD, this is probably what you
want to read: <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization>.

Nils