Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 AM
"Harold Hartley"

Default Ubuntu 9.10 and mouse functions

I had wrote earlier about my mouse problem, but while I have run Ubuntu
9.10 since the release I have noticed a couple of things not running the
way it should be.
I'm sure there are some of you out there that has had a laptop keyboard
with a mouse button in the middle of the keyboard.
I would like to know how to disable the mouse button so that the curser
doesn't jump around on my display and I'm not able to use it afterwards
and I have to mess with it til it works again.
I also noticed that after a while The mouse goes off to the side of the
screen when using an external mouse when plugged in the USB port. I'm
not sure if it does the same with the touchpad.

Please let me know what I can do to disable the mouse button in the
middle of the laptop keyboard.

Thanks
Harold

--
Harold Hartley
wheelie207@ownmail.net

Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 AM
bqz69

> not sure if it does the same with the touchpad.
> Please let me know what I can do to disable the mouse button in the
> middle of the laptop keyboard.

I am using a hp laptop, and I always disable my touchpad, otherwise my
keyboard do funny things, and stop working properly.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 AM
bqz69

> Please let me know what I can do to disable the mouse button in the
> middle of the laptop keyboard.

I am using a hp Pavilion dv 9000 laptop, and I just press a button on top of
the touchpad, and that deactivates the touchpad.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Al Plant

bqz69 wrote:
>> Please let me know what I can do to disable the mouse button in the
>> middle of the laptop keyboard.
>
> I am using a hp Pavilion dv 9000 laptop, and I just press a button on top of
> the touchpad, and that deactivates the touchpad.

Aloha,

I have a mini HP netbook that has been not usable because of the
touchpad doing funny things when you wave your hand over it to strike a
key. I saw your post about the button. I thought the light was just a
light, but it is a deactivating button on this netbook just like on the
laptop.

Using a wireless mouse now. Thanks very much for the tip. The HP tech
people dont have a clue about doing that. I called them about it several
times.

~Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii - Phone: 808-284-2740
+ http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
+ http://aloha50.net - Supporting - FreeBSD 7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
< email: noc@hdk5.net >

Old 11-18-2009, 03:18 PM
sebastien

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 03:12:42 +0100
bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:

> > not sure if it does the same with the touchpad.
> > Please let me know what I can do to disable the mouse button in the
> > middle of the laptop keyboard.
>
> I am using a hp laptop, and I always disable my touchpad, otherwise
> my keyboard do funny things, and stop working properly.

Same problem here with my hp nx6110, the touchpad is crazy. I disable
it with a single click on preference>mouse>touchpad : untick
the box. same job is done with the keyboard tab & arrows keys, in case
the touchpad is dead. Save session and go for it. so wonderful ubu'