Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Nay Myo Win

Default please delete this page and make it disappear in any search engine

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.

whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to delete this page from all search engines.

thanks

Old 11-09-2009, 12:59 AM
"Harold Hartley"

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:23 +0630, "Nay Myo Win"
whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you
to delete this page from all search engines.
thanks

You will never see that removed from google as they save any and
all info that ends up on google's servers.

Harold
--
Harold Hartley
wheelie207@ownmail.net

Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Rashkae

Nay Myo Win wrote:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.
>
> whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to delete
> this page from all search engines.
>
> thanks

Let me know how that works out for you.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Steven Susbauer

Old 11-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Mike McMullin

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 08:23 +0630, Nay Myo Win wrote:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.
>
> whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to
> delete this page from all search engines.

Please explain what you mean by whenever you type in Google, you find
this page. How are you exiting your web browser and what is it's
default home page?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Christopher Chan

Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 08:23 +0630, Nay Myo Win wrote:
>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.
>>
>> whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to
>> delete this page from all search engines.
>>

> Please explain what you mean by whenever you type in Google, you find
> this page. How are you exiting your web browser and what is it's
> default home page?

He probably means whenever he googles his name.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 AM
Pastor JW

On Sunday 08 November 2009 6:59:06 pm Christopher Chan wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 08:23 +0630, Nay Myo Win wrote:
> >> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.
> >>
> >> whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to
> >> delete this page from all search engines.
> >
> > Please explain what you mean by whenever you type in Google, you find
> > this page. How are you exiting your web browser and what is it's
> > default home page?
>
> He probably means whenever he googles his name.

Maybe so but sending thousands of people fro the maillist to the page will
only move it up, not down, in the search engine's priority moving his page
into a more prominent position. I can understand why he would like it gone
but that will not happen by calling attention to it. It is in the other
search engines also and none of them are known for their cooperation! The
best he could hope for IMHO, is for removal from the maillist archives and
that may be unlikely also.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403

Old 11-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Steven Susbauer

Old 11-09-2009, 04:11 AM
Mike McMullin

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 10:59 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 08:23 +0630, Nay Myo Win wrote:
> >
> >> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2009-March/002722.html.
> >>
> >> whenever I type in Google, i found this page. I would like you to
> >> delete this page from all search engines.
> >>

> > Please explain what you mean by whenever you type in Google, you find
> > this page. How are you exiting your web browser and what is it's
> > default home page?
> >

> He probably means whenever he googles his name.

Then he should stop doing that

Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Christopher Chan

Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 10:59 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>
>> Mike McMullin wrote:

>>> Please explain what you mean by whenever you type in Google, you find
>>> this page. How are you exiting your web browser and what is it's
>>> default home page?
>>>

>> He probably means whenever he googles his name.
>>

> Then he should stop doing that

Nah, he should first join the other ubuntu lists and then send out a few
more invitations. :-)