Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 PM
"Terry Ehrhart"

Default System Clock Changing

Have a new install of 9.10 on a USB hard drive and am running Xp on the system.
When I do a restart into 9.10 and then switch back to Xp, my system clock goes to GMT.
How can I correct this?
*
Terry Ehrhart

Old 11-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Rashkae

Terry Ehrhart wrote:
> Have a new install of 9.10 on a USB hard drive and am running Xp on the
> system.
> When I do a restart into 9.10 and then switch back to Xp, my system clock
> goes to GMT.
> How can I correct this?
>
> Terry Ehrhart

sudo hwclock --localtime

Make sure your system is set to the right time

sudo ntpdate-debian

or sudo date -s hh:mm

sudo hwclock -w

For future install reference, if you dual boot a Windows system, your
system clock is always kept in Localtime, and not the suggested UTC default.