Old 11-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Gilles Gravier

Default Getting time to display in 24H format on GDM login window?

Hi!

I've tried all I could think of. I want to get the GDM login window
(with user selector) to display the time in 24H format. Can't find the
place to select that.

Also... can't find a place to CHANGE the friggin' GDM login window
theme. Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Arshad

hi,go to*System>admin>login window
under the general tab:from the drop down menu 'use 24 hour clock' select yes.
hopefully it should work.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Gilles Gravier

Ah... I forgot tospecify the key element. My question applies to 9.10.

On 9.04, what you describe is indeed the way to do it...

On 9.10, when you go to System->Administration->Login Screen, you get a
simple window with very few options :

o Show the screen for choosing who will log in
o Log in as [selector box to pick a user] automatically
[] Allow [selector box for number of seconds] seconds for anyone else
to log in first

There is no general tab where you can pick time format.

There is no place where you can select the GDM Login Screen theme either...

Gilles.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Markus Schönhaber

Gilles Gravier:

> I've tried all I could think of. I want to get the GDM login window
> (with user selector) to display the time in 24H format. Can't find the
> place to select that.

gdm seems to display the time in a locale-specific way. I. e. on my
system (de_DE.UTF-8) gdm shows a 24 hour clock. If I change the locale
to en_US.UTF-8 and restart gdm, it shows a 12 hour clock.
I don't know of another way to change the clock type.

> Also... can't find a place to CHANGE the friggin' GDM login window
> theme. Any idea?

Apparently not:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/449198
and duplicates.