Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
0

Default Ubuntu, SATA, installation!?

Please see the manual of the computer in question attached for an answer to the question, as I am not sure of what is the exact "ID" of the SATA controller.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

0 wrote:
> I've not installed Ubuntu yet, I want to know whether it supports the SATA controller of the PC mentioned. I hope the manual tells enough information about the SATA controller for you to answer.
>
> https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8oLg_kLKV2eNGE1Njk5NjUtMjNlOC00NzQ0L WEwM2YtOTlkNThiOTBkNzZj&hl=en
>
> Actually, I'm not sure whether I'm going to install Ubuntu, and am afraid that I'll not cope with the installation, as this is my first installation of an OS.
>
> I would be extremely glad if I could get a relevant and helpful reply.

I have many Ubuntu versions on a 160 GB SATA drive, the
latest is 9.10, and they have no issue with SATA. And my
motherboard has a SATA controller.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI