Old 11-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Bunyameen Mohamed

Default AWN

Failed to install Avant Windows Navigator on Karmic Koala, anyone else faced same problem?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Tim Frost

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 14:07 +0530, Bunyameen Mohamed wrote:
> Failed to install Avant Windows Navigator on Karmic Koala, anyone else
> faced same problem?

Please be more specific. For example:
* did the install fail because it couldn't find the package (or a
package that is required for successful installation) ?
If so, have you:
1: added the community-maintained (universe) repository
AND
2: reloaded the package database afterwards with any of:
* command line 'sudo apt-get update'
* 'reload' button in synaptic
* 'check' button in Update Manager

* does the program fail because you aren't running a compositing window
manager (you need compiz or compiz-fusion or similar to support AWN)

* some other problem is reported (which we can't identify because we
can't see your console/ X display/terminal window), in which case you
need to tell us
* what you were doing
AND
* what error messages (text, dialog box, etc.) were displayed
(preferably as a text transcription if the error is displayed in a
dialog box

These 3 scenarios are different (and there are probably other applicable
scenarios that I haven't covered), and the advice for fixing the problem
is dependent on what the problem is. Until we have enough information
to identify the possible/probable causes, the community can't offer
useful advice on possible fixes.

Tim

--
Tim Frost <timfrost@xtra.co.nz>