Old 11-08-2009, 07:01 AM
0

Default Fujitsu <-- Ubuntu

Dear Ubuntu Users, a Fujitsu notebook is not sold in my country. I want to order it from the USA, but as returning it may be difficult, I would like to know whether the hardware is supported bu Ubuntu. The model # is s7210. Did anybody experience any difficulties when installing Ubuntu on a Fujitsu laptop? Which information can you give me on the topic? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Waleed Harbi

Ubuntu works fine on most of the laptops, but to make sure the laptop model working fine with Ubuntu check this link:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

---
Best Regards,
Waleed Harbi
Try not to become a man of success
but rather try to become a man of value.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Pastor JW

On Sunday 08 November 2009 1:34:10 am Waleed Harbi wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:01 AM, 0 <the_herd_of_the_horses@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Dear Ubuntu Users, a Fujitsu notebook is not sold in my country. I want
> > to order it from the USA, but as returning it may be difficult, I would
> > like to know whether the hardware is supported bu Ubuntu. The model # is
> > s7210. Did anybody experience any difficulties when installing Ubuntu on
> > a Fujitsu laptop? Which information can you give me on the topic? Thanks
> > in advance.
>
> Ubuntu works fine on most of the laptops, but to make sure the laptop model
> working fine with Ubuntu check this link:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

It is not usually the laptop one has problems with when installing Ubuntu it
is add in hardware selection of things like modems, video cards, etc some of
which rely on windoze to function. Most things now however, just work in
Ubuntu! Is there a reason why you would import from the US? It would seem
to me it would be less expensive to import from Japan.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403

Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
NorthernSuze

2009/11/8 Waleed Harbi <waleed.harbi@gmail.com>:
> Ubuntu works fine on most of the laptops, but to make sure the laptop model working fine with Ubuntu check this link:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

ASUS N50V works with 8.10
Suze

Old 11-09-2009, 05:53 AM
The Eye In The Sky

0 wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu Users, a Fujitsu notebook is not sold in my country. I want to order it from the USA, but as returning it may be difficult, I would like to know whether the hardware is supported bu Ubuntu. The model # is s7210. Did anybody experience any difficulties when installing Ubuntu on a Fujitsu laptop? Which information can you give me on the topic? Thanks in advance.

I used that around 2 years back. That time I was running the 7.10 if my
memory serves me correctly. My office was using Fujitsu solely for the
x86 laptop since we are competitor to other big named vendors, so I've
been using Ubuntu since the 1st inception and starting with the Fujitsu
S2520 (PIII series) without problem. Display, keyboard, USB, hard disk,
CD/DVD, LAN, and lately wifi. But I never tried the modem, there is no
more dial up service in my country.

Any reason why you chose to purchase a discontinued product? Why not
buying the 7220 instead, for example?