Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Hasan Halym

Default Desktop effects not workiing

i have been using Ubutu for past two years and it was awesome.
I enjoyed the desktop effects very much
How ever sadly when i installed 9.10 the desktop effects never came.
when i go to System > preferences > appearance > Visual Effects, i couldnt enable it to other than "none"

pleas help

Old 11-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Chris Jones

> i have been using Ubutu for past two years and it was awesome.
> I enjoyed the desktop effects very much
> How ever sadly when i installed 9.10 the desktop effects never came.
> when i go to System > preferences > appearance > Visual Effects, i
> couldnt enable it to other than "none"
> pleas help

What video card do you have ?

Which X11 driver are you using ?