Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
thomas

Default Backing up Thunderbird email

Hello,

I am using Thunderbird. I am saving a lot of important incoming
e/m in various folders. Hope to eventually be able to save them
but don't want to have to save them individually. In the meanwhile
I would like to back up the Thunderbird folders. What are they
saved to?

Thanks

Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Steve

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:07:47 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Thunderbird. I am saving a lot of important incoming
> e/m in various folders. Hope to eventually be able to save them
> but don't want to have to save them individually. In the meanwhile
> I would like to back up the Thunderbird folders. What are they
> saved to?
>
> Thanks

.thunderbird

--
Steve

Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM
thomas

Steve wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:07:47 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using Thunderbird. I am saving a lot of important incoming
>> e/m in various folders. Hope to eventually be able to save them
>> but don't want to have to save them individually. In the meanwhile
>> I would like to back up the Thunderbird folders. What are they
>> saved to?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> .thunderbird

Thanks. I will look for that file.

Thomas

Old 11-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Steve

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 00:03:20 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:07:47 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using Thunderbird. I am saving a lot of important incoming
>>> e/m in various folders. Hope to eventually be able to save them
>>> but don't want to have to save them individually. In the meanwhile
>>> I would like to back up the Thunderbird folders. What are they
>>> saved to?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> .thunderbird
>>

> Thanks. I will look for that file.
>
> Thomas

It’s a hidden file so you will have to switch 'view hidden files' on in
nautilus

--
Steve

Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 AM
thomas

Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 00:03:20 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Steve wrote:

>>> .thunderbird
>>>

>> Thanks. I will look for that file.
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> It’s a hidden file so you will have to switch 'view hidden files' on in
> nautilus

Thanks for the information.

Thomas

Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 AM
dean

wrote:

Hello,

I am using Thunderbird. I am saving a lot of important incoming
e/m in various folders. Hope to eventually be able to save them
but don't want to have to save them individually. In the meanwhile
I would like to back up the Thunderbird folders. What are they
saved to?

Thanks

.thunderbird

Thanks. I will look for that file.

Thomas

It’s a hidden file so you will have to switch 'view hidden files' on in
nautilus

Thanks for the information.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

All you need to do is back up the .mozilla-thunderbird directory and
thats it.*

Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
NoOp

On 11/07/2009 03:07 PM, thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Thunderbird. I am saving a lot of important incoming
> e/m in various folders. Hope to eventually be able to save them
> but don't want to have to save them individually. In the meanwhile
> I would like to back up the Thunderbird folders. What are they
> saved to?
>
> Thanks

And this has what to do with the original "9.10 upgrade changed my
desktop from gnome to xfce" thread?

*Please* do not hijack existing threads[1], please just start one of
your own. Same for others that reply to a hijacked thread... why reply
when you know that someone has done this?

[1]