Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
"Mark C. Miller"

Default Still waiting for an audio fix

Has anyone found a fix yet for the lack of audio problem several folks
have mentioned?

One fix talked about removing a modem reference from hardware, but I
don't have a modem reference there.

When I tested 9.10 before installing, it never struck me that the system
I tested on wasn't connected to my speakers ... my fault for being stupid.

In the meantime, I've installed 9.10, thinking it was OK, on an two IBM
Thinkcenters, an HP, a custom-built box, and a Dell. There is no audio
on any of them.

I'm pretty much a newbi; I don't have any idea of where to start digging
around the system for possible fixes. I was kind of hoping that one of
the updates might fix the problem.

Other than this, and I think an xorg.conf problem on the dell (I think
the driver for the monitor has some sort of problem -- I can't get any
resolution greater than 800X600), the rest of the install has been
trouble free. If I hadn't read about the problems others had I would
never have suspected. I started with 8.04 and upgraded every time a new
version came out, and this was by far the easiest install.

If anyone has a clue on the audio, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

tnx

mcm

--
Mark C. Miller, Indianapolis IN, USA

Old 11-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Tab Gilbert

If anyone has a clue on the audio, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Just a suggestion from out of the blue.

Have you installed and played with-

PulseAudio Device Chooser and Volume Control

Are the speakers USB based?* If so you have to switch them on via the PulseAudio panel.*

tab