Old 11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Scott

Default liferea at bootup

I did a "man liferea" and noticed that you can do
--mainwindow-state=hidden to have the window hide on program startup. I
tried this on the command line and it worked fine. Then I added
"liferea --mainwindow-state=hidden" to my startup Applications. Liferea
starts up, but the main window always comes up as well.

I just want to make sure I am doing nothing wrong before I submit a bug
report. What I am trying to do is have Liferea start at launch in the
system tray, not have the window pop up.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10

Old 11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Dave Stevenson

Scott <sclewin <at> sgaming.ca> writes:

> I did a "man liferea" and noticed that you can do
> --mainwindow-state=hidden to have the window hide on program startup. I
> tried this on the command line and it worked fine. Then I added
> "liferea --mainwindow-state=hidden" to my startup Applications. Liferea
> starts up, but the main window always comes up as well.
>
> I just want to make sure I am doing nothing wrong before I submit a bug
> report. What I am trying to do is have Liferea start at launch in the
> system tray, not have the window pop up.

Liferea preferences GUI tab has an option "Start in tray icon"
It works for me with "/usr/bin/liferea" in System -> Preferences ->
Startup Applications.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Scott

Dave Stevenson wrote:
> Scott <sclewin <at> sgaming.ca> writes:
>
>> I did a "man liferea" and noticed that you can do
>> --mainwindow-state=hidden to have the window hide on program startup. I
>> tried this on the command line and it worked fine. Then I added
>> "liferea --mainwindow-state=hidden" to my startup Applications. Liferea
>> starts up, but the main window always comes up as well.
>>
>> I just want to make sure I am doing nothing wrong before I submit a bug
>> report. What I am trying to do is have Liferea start at launch in the
>> system tray, not have the window pop up.
>>

> Liferea preferences GUI tab has an option "Start in tray icon"
> It works for me with "/usr/bin/liferea" in System -> Preferences ->
> Startup Applications.
I did that and the window still pops up at boot time. It looks like I
may need to live with the annoyance of the window popping up every time.