Old 11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
debian

Default new distribution release 7.04

Note that 7.04 is no longer the latest distrobution. we are up to 7.10
now.

besides, if your trying to do this from the repositories, i have been
experiencing problems with the repositories myself. I cant download some
of the updates because it returns a 403 error.

Besides, can you connect to other websites/computers just fine?
--cj

Old 11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
"Mark H. Nichols"

On Nov 18, 2007, at 9:48 AM, Caleb Marcus top-posted, yet again:

> Sometimes, running "sudo aptitude update" and trying the upgrade again
> can fix authentication issues. Also, try restarting the machine...
> that may help.

Would it be possible for you to bottom post, so that we don't have to
scroll down to read the question and then back up to read your answer?

Thanks

</mark>

Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Caleb Marcus

Would it be possible for you to bottom post, so that we don't have to
scroll down to read the question and then back up to read your answer?

Thanks

</mark>

No problem, I'll try to remember to do that from now on... but could you possibly be a little less arrogant about it?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Caleb Marcus

Note that 7.04 is no longer the latest distrobution. we are up to 7.10
now.

If he has Edgy, he can't upgrade straight to Gutsy, he has to go through Feisty...