-   -   new distribution release 7.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/276-new-distribution-release-7-04-a.html)

debian 11-18-2007 04:37 PM

new distribution release 7.04

Note that 7.04 is no longer the latest distrobution. we are up to 7.10
now.

besides, if your trying to do this from the repositories, i have been
experiencing problems with the repositories myself. I cant download some
of the updates because it returns a 403 error.

Besides, can you connect to other websites/computers just fine?
--cj

"Mark H. Nichols" 11-18-2007 05:33 PM

new distribution release 7.04

On Nov 18, 2007, at 9:48 AM, Caleb Marcus top-posted, yet again:

> Sometimes, running "sudo aptitude update" and trying the upgrade again
> can fix authentication issues. Also, try restarting the machine...
> that may help.

Would it be possible for you to bottom post, so that we don't have to
scroll down to read the question and then back up to read your answer?

Thanks

</mark>

Caleb Marcus 11-18-2007 08:45 PM

new distribution release 7.04

Would it be possible for you to bottom post, so that we don't have to
scroll down to read the question and then back up to read your answer?

Thanks

</mark>

No problem, I'll try to remember to do that from now on... but could you possibly be a little less arrogant about it?

Caleb Marcus 11-18-2007 08:46 PM

new distribution release 7.04

Note that 7.04 is no longer the latest distrobution. we are up to 7.10
now.

If he has Edgy, he can't upgrade straight to Gutsy, he has to go through Feisty...