Old 11-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Jason Nichols

Default transferring files

before installing ubuntu i moved a sizeable quantity of files from my computer to my girlfriends computer with the intention of transferring them back after installing ubuntu. for some reason my computer doesn't turn up in the vista network screen that my girlfriends computer has despite the fact we are both connected to the router...any help would be appreciated

Check out The Great Australian Pay Check now Want to know what your boss is paid?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Darshana Jayasinghe

What operating system does the other computer has.If its Vista or Xp by using Remote desktop you can copy those files easily. Otherwise you can use ssh to transfer those files. I think remote desktop is more user friendly.

before installing ubuntu i moved a sizeable quantity of files from my computer to my girlfriends computer with the intention of transferring them back after installing ubuntu. for some reason my computer doesn't turn up in the vista network screen that my girlfriends computer has despite the fact we are both connected to the router...any help would be appreciated

Check out The Great Australian Pay Check now Want to know what your boss is paid?

DÄrshana