Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 AM
"Mark C. Miller"

Default Wubi Installer for 9.04

I upgraded my Wubi Install of Ubuntu to 9.10 and immediately found I
wished I hadn't done that. I have no sound output and the monitor is
limited to 800X600 resolution. I spent all the time I can afford to
trying to get 9.10 running correctly on my Dell Optiplex; I just want to
load a copy of 9.04 -- everything worked find under it.

Where can I find a wubi Installer for 9.04? All the INTERNET sites I
find refer to Wubi 9.10.

I'm a non-tech person so some of the fixes suggested for the sound
problem are above my pay grade. I'm certainly not in a position to
recommend 9.10 to those who ask about it. I'm hoping that we'll see a
rash of bug fixes in the next couple weeks that will make these
annoyances go away. When the bug is released into the wild, I hope that
they are clearly labeled so us non- tech types know which fix will cover
the audio problem that everyone seems to be having. Simply saying a new
patch is available for "libpearllib.3" [ok, i made that up] does not
tell the uninitiated anything.

--
Mark C. Miller, Indianapolis IN, USA

Old 11-06-2009, 03:48 PM
NoOp

On 11/05/2009 07:19 PM, Mark C. Miller wrote:
> I upgraded my Wubi Install of Ubuntu to 9.10 and immediately found I
> wished I hadn't done that. I have no sound output and the monitor is
> limited to 800X600 resolution. I spent all the time I can afford to
> trying to get 9.10 running correctly on my Dell Optiplex; I just want to
> load a copy of 9.04 -- everything worked find under it.
>
> Where can I find a wubi Installer for 9.04? All the INTERNET sites I
> find refer to Wubi 9.10.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/
http://releases.ubuntu.com/jaunty/
wubi.exe 21-Apr-2009 17:56 1.5M