Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Jon Hilbert

Default Ubuntu 9.10 for Cognoscenti only?

Never, ever had this much trouble with Windows XP.*
Turning oneself inside out just to connect to the internet is beyond absurdity.*
And hear, hear to the perceptive gentleman who wrote the following:

*"Ubuntu is suppose to be for everyone, not just techies

*>> and early adopters

I was led to believe that Ubuntu was not just for techies or

for those who have the potential but lack the time or the
*desire to be techies."
"Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain."

* * * * * *--Friedrich von Schiller

Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 AM
dean

Jon Hilbert wrote:

Never, ever had this much trouble with Windows XP.*

Turning oneself inside out just to connect to the internet is
beyond absurdity.*

And hear, hear to the perceptive gentleman who wrote the
following:

*"Ubuntu is suppose to be for everyone, not just
techies

*>> and early adopters

I was led to believe that Ubuntu was not
just for techies or

for those who have the potential but lack
the time or the

*desire to be techies."

"Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain."

* * * * * *--Friedrich von Schiller

Now your creating new threads because you don't want to post at the
bottom of a thread?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
"Harry L. Lee"

i, at least, can say "worked on my machine". no worries

Never, ever had this much trouble with Windows XP.*
Turning oneself inside out just to connect to the internet is beyond absurdity.*

And hear, hear to the perceptive gentleman who wrote the following:

*"Ubuntu is suppose to be for everyone, not just techies

*>> and early adopters

I was led to believe that Ubuntu was not just for techies or

for those who have the potential but lack the time or the
*desire to be techies."
"Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain."

* * * * * *--Friedrich von Schiller

harry@jonesnose.com
Harry L Lee (via gmail)
chief cook and bottle washer
http://jonesnose.com

mailto:harry@jonesnose.com
207-384-8030 (email preferred)

Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Tab Gilbert

Never, ever had this much trouble with Windows XP.

I am guessing you never had anyone download the Pamela Anderson screen saver on their computer.

Turning oneself inside out just to connect to the internet is beyond absurdity.

Did you try out the LiveCD to make sure everything was working to your satisfaction before the install or upgrade?* I always give it a test run to make sure I get a good connection and Firefox works.* My install on a dual boot Vista/9.4 using the partition manger went fine.*

tab

Old 11-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Derek Broughton

dean wrote:

> <tt>Now your creating new threads because you don't want to post at the
> bottom of a thread?</tt><br>

Evil indeed, but not much more so than posting in html-only :-)
--
derek