Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Phyllis Connick

Default Can not play a DVD movie

Old 11-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Rashkae

Phyllis Connick wrote:
> Hello fellow members of the mailing list,
>
> Recently I had installed Ubuntu 9.10, my complements to the developers for
> their various bug fixes. However, I have run into a problem. I simply
> wanted to play a DVD movie, as expected I had followed the instruction
> listed below:
> The videos of me carrying out those instructions are found below:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpAUxCb95OQ&fmt=18
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPh3XyPBbo&fmt=18
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeHHQDr-LzU&fmt=18

Sorry, I did not watch these videos.

Please follow instructions here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/PlayingDVDs

In particular, all you need:

sudo apt-get install libdvdread4
sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

And of course, a DVD playing application, Looks like you already have
several. I'm partial to gxine (or kaffeine) myself, but that's a
personal choice.