Old 11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Fred Roller

Default Connection to Pricewatch.com not happening

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>
> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>
> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>
> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>
> Later, Ray Parrish

Working fine here Ray.

9.10_64 scratch build+perfect desktop instructions

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."

Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Steve Reilly

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
> spinning away, and the page never loads.

check pinging site? or from another computer on the same network... (i
know, sounds stupid... but..?) i have a sporadic problem with my work
webmail, same deal. if the wind is blowing west i can connect, if its
blowing east i get a spnning wheel, and timeout. noone can figure it
out, ive just come to assume its a dns routing issue somewhere on the
net....

> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>
> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>
> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
> favorite computer parts shopping sites.

primarily use newegg here

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Steve Reilly

take a look at newegg.com

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

Old 11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Ray Parrish

Fred Roller wrote:
> Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
>> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
>> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>>
>> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
>> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>>
>> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
>> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>>
>> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
>> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> Working fine here Ray.
>
> 9.10_64 scratch build+perfect desktop instructions

I'm on Hardy Heron with the latest kernel update, and Firefox is right
up to date as well. I have also looked in my hosts file to insure that
it's not blocked there, and the closest I could find was
pricegrabber.com so it's not the hosts file.

I just do not know where else to look to solve the problem. Anybody got
any ideas?

Later, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.
http://www.rayslinks.com/The%20Future%20of%20Technology.html

Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Steve

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:35:47 -0000, Ray Parrish <crp@cmc.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>
> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>
> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>
> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>
> Later, Ray Parrish

Ihe sites ip is 174.129.37.55 try that

--
Steve

Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Ray Parrish

Steve wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:35:47 -0000, Ray Parrish <crp@cmc.net> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
>> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
>> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>>
>> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
>> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>>
>> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
>> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>>
>> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
>> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> Ihe sites ip is 174.129.37.55 try that.

Hello,

I tired the ip address, and no luck. I also installed Seamonkey and gave
it a try with no luck.

I rebooted to Windows XP, and Firefox in XP connects, and browses the
site just fine, so it's evidently something with my Ubuntu configuration
that is blocking my connection to Price Watch.

Later, Ray Parrish

Old 11-05-2009, 11:17 PM
NoOp

On 11/05/2009 03:53 PM, Ray Parrish wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:35:47 -0000, Ray Parrish <crp@cmc.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
>>> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
>>> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>>>
>>> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
>>> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>>>
>>> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
>>> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
>>> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>>>
>>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>>

>> Ihe sites ip is 174.129.37.55 try that.
>>
> Hello,
>
> I tired the ip address, and no luck. I also installed Seamonkey and gave
> it a try with no luck.
>
> I rebooted to Windows XP, and Firefox in XP connects, and browses the
> site just fine, so it's evidently something with my Ubuntu configuration
> that is blocking my connection to Price Watch.
>
> Later, Ray Parrish

That indicates to me that you have another issue. "I checked my
firewall" - turn your firewall off and check again.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Ray Parrish

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/05/2009 03:53 PM, Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> Steve wrote:

>>> Ihe sites ip is 174.129.37.55 try that.
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I tired the ip address, and no luck. I also installed Seamonkey and gave
>> it a try with no luck.
>>
>> I rebooted to Windows XP, and Firefox in XP connects, and browses the
>> site just fine, so it's evidently something with my Ubuntu configuration
>> that is blocking my connection to Price Watch.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> That indicates to me that you have another issue. "I checked my
> firewall" - turn your firewall off and check again.

Hello again,

I turned Firestarter completely off, and I am still not able to load
pricewatch.com

Later, Ray Parrish

Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Larry Shields

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
>> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
>> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>>
>> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
>> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>>
>> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
>> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>>
>> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
>> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> Works fine on my 9.04 standard firefox.
>
> Karl

/*I have had know problems what so ever with 9.10, it has run since the
first beta version came out for me...Thunderbird, Firefox, they are work
just fine... :-)

Larry
*/

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 9.10 Karmic

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Fred Roller

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Fred Roller wrote:
>
>> Ray Parrish wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> For some reason Firefox will no longer load http://www.pricewatch.com on
>>> my Ubuntu machine. It just sits there with the busy cursor displayed
>>> spinning away, and the page never loads.
>>>
>>> I checked with is it just me or is it everyone, and that site says that
>>> http://pricewatch.com is up and running so it is just me.
>>>
>>> I checked my firewall, and made sure that all rules excluding ip
>>> addresses as hosts were removed, and price watch still will not load.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where else I might look as Price Watch is one of my
>>> favorite computer parts shopping sites.
>>>
>>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>>

>> Working fine here Ray.
>>
>> 9.10_64 scratch build+perfect desktop instructions
>>

> I'm on Hardy Heron with the latest kernel update, and Firefox is right
> up to date as well. I have also looked in my hosts file to insure that
> it's not blocked there, and the closest I could find was
> pricegrabber.com so it's not the hosts file.
>
> I just do not know where else to look to solve the problem. Anybody got
> any ideas?
>
> Later, Ray Parrish

I will build a test system in the morning (eastern) and give it a go
again based on your specs.