Old 11-05-2009, 03:17 AM
GARY HYPES

Default E-Machines

I know EMs have a bad rep as being poorly built machines. I'm considering buying one (very cheap), wiping the hard disk (Windows XP) and installing Ubuntu.*Has anyone encountered specific problems installing and running Linux/Ubuntu on E-machines PC's?*

--
Gary Hypes
Contrary to popular belief, violence solves a great many things.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 AM
Putu Wiramaswara Widya

2009/11/5 GARY HYPES <ghypes@gmail.com>:
> I know EMs have a bad rep as being poorly built machines. I'm considering buying one (very cheap), wiping the hard disk (Windows XP) and installing Ubuntu.*Has anyone encountered specific problems installing and running Linux/Ubuntu on E-machines PC's?

What series is that?
If had tried it on D14xx series, and it's great with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.

--
Putu Wiramaswara Widya
http://wiramaswara.blogspot.com

PL : http://plurk.com/initrunlevel0