Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Smoot Carl-Mitchell

Default Lenovo T61 abrupt power off with Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-16-generic

I am experiencing abrupt and uncommanded power off on my T61 notebook.
It appears to be correlated with the upgrade to the 2.6.28-16 kernel.
2.6.28-15 seems to be stable.

Before I file a bug report I want to see if anyone else has seen this
behavior. I know it is not a temperature or fan issue. All the
temperature sensors are within normal range. I also blew all the dust
out of the ventilation system just to be sure there was adequate
ventilation.

The problem is a bit difficult to debug, since nothing unusual appears
in any of the logs which is not a surprise, since the machine just
powers itself off.

Thanks
--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell