Old 11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
William Biggs

Default do a system backup

I would like to know if and how after I install 9.10 64 bit and after
the software install . How can I do a backup to dvd so if I need to do a
restore I can do it from the restore disk like you can do it with norton
ghost ?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:45 PM
anon anon

you might want to look into clonezilla.***

Most people find it easier though to have a list of installed packages

(dpkg -l )

and to keep their /home on a separate partition.* It's less fuss.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
teicah

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 01:17:31PM -0500, William Biggs wrote:
> I would like to know if and how after I install 9.10 64 bit and after
> the software install . How can I do a backup to dvd so if I need to do a
> restore I can do it from the restore disk like you can do it with norton
> ghost ?

Tow words: remastersys

Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM
born

*
not use remastersys.
it is a tool for making a backup of you pc to ISO.
the ISO is hard for you to install,but you can install the ISO on the USB key buy using usb-creator.

2009/11/5 teicah <teicah@isp.com>

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 01:17:31PM -0500, William Biggs wrote:
> I *would like to know if and how after I install 9.10 64 bit and after
> the software install . How can I do a backup to dvd so if I need to do a

> restore I can do it from the restore disk like you can do it with norton
> ghost ?

Tow words: remastersys

Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Brian McKee

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM, William Biggs <kc8pdr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I *would like to know if and how after I install 9.10 64 bit and after
> the software install . How can I do a backup to dvd so if I need to do a
> restore I can do it from the restore disk like you can do it with norton
> ghost ?

mondorescue does exactly what you want.
http://mondorescue.org/

The release notes from the newest release specifically mention grub2,
but I have not yet tried it with 9.10.
If this is a critical system you might want to practice a bit before
you trust it - but that's true of any backup system.

Brian