Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Steve

Default Dillo

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:16:13 -0000, R Kimber
<richardkimber@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about Dillo? Synaptic won't install it despite
> https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni/+archive/dillo
>
> - Richard.
Are you using 9.10, if so have you added ppa:d.filoni/dillo to your
Software Sources.
--
Steve

Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
David Curtis

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:16:13 +0000
R Kimber <richardkimber@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about Dillo? Synaptic won't install it
> despite https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni/+archive/dillo

Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic, follow the instructions
from the link you've provided. Or download the package and try to
install it with gdebi.

Dave

Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Graham Todd

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:13:36 -0500
David Curtis <dcurtis@uniserve.com> uttered these words:

> Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic
[snipped]

I didn't realise this. Having installed it under Jaunty and the
upgraded from within Update Manager, its still on my system.

Claws-mail, my MUA of preference, uses Dillo in one
of its plugins to render HTML.

Is there a reason behind this decision, and could Dillo be included in
future?

--
Graham Todd

Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
NoOp

On 11/04/2009 01:07 PM, Graham Todd wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:13:36 -0500
> David Curtis <dcurtis@uniserve.com> uttered these words:
>
>> Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic
> [snipped]
>
> I didn't realise this. Having installed it under Jaunty and the
> upgraded from within Update Manager, its still on my system.
>
> Claws-mail, my MUA of preference, uses Dillo in one
> of its plugins to render HTML.
>
> Is there a reason behind this decision, and could Dillo be included in
> future?

Check here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo/+bugs

Maybe a licensing issue?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo/+bug/285930

Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 PM
David Curtis

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 21:07:38 +0000
Graham Todd <grahamtodd2@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:13:36 -0500
> David Curtis <dcurtis@uniserve.com> uttered these words:
>
> > Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic
> [snipped]
>
> I didn't realise this. Having installed it under Jaunty and the
> upgraded from within Update Manager, its still on my system.
>
> Claws-mail, my MUA of preference, uses Dillo in one
> of its plugins to render HTML.
>
> Is there a reason behind this decision, and could Dillo be included in
> future?

Dunno. There's the old version in Debian Sid, but it might have been
removed from inclusion in KK due to a security issue. The new version
would need to be included in Sid to make its way into LL or someone
would need to create and submit an Ubuntu package into REVU, but I can't
seem to find one there.

Dave

Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
R Kimber

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:57:39 -0000
Steve wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:16:13 -0000, R Kimber
> <richardkimber@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know anything about Dillo? Synaptic won't install it despite
> > https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni/+archive/dillo
> >
> > - Richard.
> Are you using 9.10, if so have you added ppa:d.filoni/dillo to your
> Software Sources.

Yes & Yes

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
R Kimber

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:13:36 -0500
David Curtis wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:16:13 +0000
> R Kimber <richardkimber@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know anything about Dillo? Synaptic won't install it
> > despite https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni/+archive/dillo
>
> Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic, follow the instructions
> from the link you've provided.

I did that.

- Richard.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 PM
R Kimber

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 21:07:38 +0000
Graham Todd wrote:

> > Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic
> [snipped]
>
> I didn't realise this. Having installed it under Jaunty and the
> upgraded from within Update Manager, its still on my system.

I upgraded in the same way, but it was removed along with other 'obsolete'
packages.

- Richard.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
R Kimber

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:34:07 -0800
NoOp wrote:

> Maybe a licensing issue?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo/+bug/285930

So is that why the PPA instructions don't work?

- Richard.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
NoOp

On 11/05/2009 05:41 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:34:07 -0800
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> Maybe a licensing issue?
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo/+bug/285930
>
> So is that why the PPA instructions don't work?
>
> - Richard.

No clue. I was responding to your question:
> >> Dillo's not available in the repos for Karmic
> [snipped]
>
> I didn't realise this. Having installed it under Jaunty and the
> upgraded from within Update Manager, its still on my system.
>
> Claws-mail, my MUA of preference, uses Dillo in one
> of its plugins to render HTML.
>
> Is there a reason behind this decision, and could Dillo be included in
> future?

Or did you think I pointed to those links for some other reason?

Now that you _know_ where dillo lives on launchpad, why don't you ask
there? With regards to your PPA question, you might even _read_ the link
you first posted: https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni/+archive/dillo
Let's see:
<quote>
For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact Devid
Antonio Filoni.
</quote>
https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni
Now that wasn't so hard, was it?