Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Mark Miller

Default 9.10 install: Monitor and Buffer I/O

I just installed 9.10 (in a WUBI installation) on my work desktop.* I've successfully installed it on four other computers.

Problem
One: the monitor.* The maximum display setting is 800 X 600.* The Dell
monitor is capable of much more than that.* I had no problems with
9.04.* Is there a way a really inexperienced person can change the
monitor info someplace?

Problem Two:* When I shutdown the computer I get a series of errors that read:

buffer I/O error on device loop0 logical block and then a 7-place number.

after
displaying five of these error messages, the computer locks and the
only way to shutdown/restart is to power off the computer.

Problem one is my most urgent need.* Problem two not so much.

TIA

mcm
Mark C. Miller
mr.mcmiller@gmail.com [home]