Old 10-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Oscar Gomez

Default update clamav

good morning
I have clamav ClamAV 0.92.1/9967/Fri running in ubuntu 8.04, i want
update to version .95. what are the steps to make this update.

Thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Avi Greenbury

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:41:22 -0500
Oscar Gomez <ogomez@epq.com.co> wrote:

> good morning
> I have clamav ClamAV 0.92.1/9967/Fri running in ubuntu 8.04, i
> want update to version .95. what are the steps to make this update.
>
> Thanks

How did you install it? If it was through the repositories (so using
synaptic, apt-get or aptitude) you should be able to do

apt-get install clam

(I think it's called 'clam' in the repos) and it will check if there is
an upgrade in the repos, and if there is it will upgrade it for you.
If you didn't, you have to either uninstall this version and reinstall
through the repos, or repeat whatever steps you did you get it
installed previously, which were likely downloading a source tarball
and building it.

If the version in 8.04 is not 0.95, then you have two options:

1) You can use apt-pinning to use the package from a later
ubuntu. I don't know how recommended this is in Ubuntu, but
it's pretty standard in Debian
2) You can download and install clam from clam's site, having
uninstalled your current version. They might provide a .deb
file which would be most useful, but you may end up compiling
from source.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk