Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 AM
vijay shanker

Default Multiple Options in grub

Hi all;

There is something i need to share and ask for your comments

I have been using UBUNTU for many years; But still a partial user; dont have a in depth knowledge.

On my box i first installed ubuntu 8. And when it was announced to release of 9.0.24, i upgraded to the*latest*version of ubuntu. And Now i am upgraded to 9.10

Now when my box boots it gives me a lot of options to choose.*-----------------Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.31-14-generic

Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.31-14-generic (recovery mode)Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.26-16-genericUbutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.26-16-generic (recovery mode)Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.28-15-generic

Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.28-15-generic (recovery mode)Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.26-7-generic (recovery mode)Ubutntu 9.10 , karnel 2.6.26-7-generic (recovery mode)---------------

Of course, i choose top one form thee list.*
Can any body describe the situation for me?*Is there any way i can go and configure the options? *Does my system has 4 kernels as options; if yes i must remove all old kernel?

Regards,
Vijay Shanker Dubey