Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Jon Hilbert

Default CONNECT TO SERVER

Need the server address and Server type to connect to server. *My internet provider, SBCglobal has no idea what I am talking about; have called them three times. *They keep giving me the IP address and have keep yapping about a dynamic Service type which means.....?

Jon"Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain."
* * * * * *--Friedrich von Schiller

Old 11-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Leonard Chatagnier

> Need the server address and Server type to
> connect to server. *My internet provider, SBCglobal has no
> idea what I am talking about; have called them three times.
> *They keep giving me the IP address and have keep yapping
> about a dynamic Service type which means.....?

I don't know what you mean either. Are you talking about setting up your ISP in network manager, wicd or /etc/network/interfaces? Dynamic service may mean DHCP but not sure. Please clarify and report just what your
your ISP or Internet provider gave you. That is the exact names and number he gave you and all of them. Then maybe someone can help you out.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Gary Allan Garibaldi

I really not sure what you mean by connecting to the server. I've use
SBCglobal in the past and if you search for manual setup instructions it
will walk you through setting up there network using the modem/router
they provide. I'm currently traveling and don't have any reference to my
notes on this.

Gary

Old 11-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Gary Allan Garibaldi

Just did a quick search and here is a link that may help:
http://www.willlaw.org/blog/diy/how-to-install-sbcatt-yahoo-dsl-without-the-install-cd-in-5-easy-steps/
It's not the link I used several years back but seems very close to the
same.

Hope this helps - Gary