Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Aryan Ameri

Default Synchronising Evolution with Nokia E Series

Hi,

I was wondering if I can synchronise my Nokia E71 with Evolution, using
USB cable? Calendar and Contact synchronisation would be most useful.
There is some documentation on this on the net, but everything is
outdated (everything refers to Gusty or Feisty) and most repos are not
available anymore. I'm running Karmic. Any help would be most
appreciated.

Cheers

--
Aryan Ameri

Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 AM
NoOp

On 11/03/2009 05:53 PM, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if I can synchronise my Nokia E71 with Evolution, using
> USB cable? Calendar and Contact synchronisation would be most useful.
> There is some documentation on this on the net, but everything is
> outdated (everything refers to Gusty or Feisty) and most repos are not
> available anymore. I'm running Karmic. Any help would be most
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers

Not sure if this will help, but might be worth a look & bookmarking for
later reference:

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ

Andy OpenSync.org might be the place to poke around:
http://www.opensync.org/ticket/1101
[Nokia E71 won't sync Evolution Mail recurrences]

Old 11-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Chris G

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 12:53:02PM +1100, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if I can synchronise my Nokia E71 with Evolution, using
> USB cable? Calendar and Contact synchronisation would be most useful.
> There is some documentation on this on the net, but everything is
> outdated (everything refers to Gusty or Feisty) and most repos are not
> available anymore. I'm running Karmic. Any help would be most
> appreciated.

I have a Nokia E71 and tried for a long time to get satisfactory
synchronisation in Linux. The best I could manage was to synchronize
both the E71 and Evolution with an external server. The two that
work *reasonably* well are:-

www.scheduleworld.com
my.funambol.com

Alternatively you can install funambol on your own system and
synchronize with that.

I ended up synchonizing my E71 with Outlook (spit) in an XP guest
running under VirtualBox.

--
Chris Green