Old 11-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Ian Coetzee

Default Sudoku

On 03/11/2009 20:42, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> I am using 9.04 that is fully updated using the gnome
> background. I am addicted to playing Sudoku every morning. I
> usually print it out and work out the solution on bed.
>
> For some unknown reason Sudoku on this computer stopped
> working! I click on Applications - Games - Sudoku and a panel
> comes up and it looks like the first panel but then dies. I
> still get Sudoku but have to boot into 9.10 or another
> version. They all work.
>
> I have found no bugs that fit this problem.
>
> 73 Karl

Hi Karl

what does the error message state when you run it from the console?

ie: Applications > Accesories > Terminal

then run : /usr/games/gnome-sudoku (if that is where you sudoku is located)

Regards
Ian

Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Ian Coetzee wrote:

> On 03/11/2009 20:42, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>> I am using 9.04 that is fully updated using the gnome
>> background. I am addicted to playing Sudoku every morning. I
>> usually print it out and work out the solution on bed.
>>
>> For some unknown reason Sudoku on this computer stopped
>> working! I click on Applications - Games - Sudoku and a panel
>> comes up and it looks like the first panel but then dies. I
>> still get Sudoku but have to boot into 9.10 or another
>> version. They all work.
>>
>> I have found no bugs that fit this problem.
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>

> Hi Karl
>
> what does the error message state when you run it from the console?
>
> ie: Applications > Accesories > Terminal
>
> then run : /usr/games/gnome-sudoku (if that is where you sudoku is located)
>
> Regards
> Ian

I found gnome-sudoku where you said and got this:

karl@Jaunty:~$ /usr/games/gnome-sudoku
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/games/gnome-sudoku", line 67, in <module>
start_game()
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/gnome_sudoku.py",
line 22, in start_game
main.start_game()
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/main.py", line
975, in start_game
u = UI()
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/main.py", line
174, in __init__
if self.select_game():
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/main.py", line
66, in _
ret = fun(ui,*args,**kwargs)
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/main.py", line
187, in select_game
choice =
game_selector.NewOrSavedGameSelector().run_swallow ed_dialog(self.swallower)
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/game_selector.py",
line 183, in run_swallowed_dialog
self.setup_dialog()
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/game_selector.py",
line 75, in setup_dialog
self.make_saved_game_model()
File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/gnome_sudoku/game_selector.py",
line 137, in make_saved_game_model
durationText = _("Played for %(duration)s") %
{'duration':
format_time(g['timer.tot_time'],round_at=15,friendly=True)}
KeyError: 'timer.tot_time'

sh: bug-buddy: not found
karl@Jaunty:~$

I can't see the problem. Thanks for the method!

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Steve Flynn

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

[snipped a python callback stack trace]

The output you have shows the traceback from the failure. The last few
lines indicate the problem, tracing back up through the stack to where
you actually called the program.

As a result, the last entry shows the actual error.

You have enough info there to post a bug report (in fact, just
including the posted output will be enough for the issue to be
corrected). Bug-report away Mr. L.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Steve Flynn wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snipped a python callback stack trace]
>
> The output you have shows the traceback from the failure. The last few
> lines indicate the problem, tracing back up through the stack to where
> you actually called the program.
>
> As a result, the last entry shows the actual error.
>
> You have enough info there to post a bug report (in fact, just
> including the posted output will be enough for the issue to be
> corrected). Bug-report away Mr. L.

Bug just filed. I hope it helps. I love to work Suduko puzzle
and need to open another version to get one now.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User