Old 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
born

Default Ubuntu 9.1 and sound...

hi,try to download this package and install.
the package's name is install_flash_player_10_linux.deb.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.deb

have a good luck

2009/11/3 Joseph <ubuntu@e-pops.org>

I had upgraded from 9.04 to 9.1. *While I had problems with my video and

sound in the beginning, that was *corrected, and my sound and video was

doing great, except for some hissing and crackling in the sound.

Now that I've upgraded, my video seems to be working sporadically, it

doesn't work at times on YouTube. *My sound seems to work at times and

other times it's not.

I've double checked on my "flash plug ins" and I find "Adobe Flash" is

there, as well as "Gnash SWF Viewer"

But while I'm able to view video clips ON my computer, I'm still not

viewing some of the online videos and sound files.

Any ideas on where to check here?

--

Joseph Snurr

Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas

Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo: * *http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/

Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Joseph

It apparently went to an Adobe program and said that I already have the
same package installed.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 PM
born

please check whick kernel you use to boot up.

if you use the old kernel to bootup,try to use the new kernel to bootup.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Joseph

I'm not Ubuntu educated. I am wanting to learn all the aspects of it.
Can you give me details on how to accomplish this?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
NoOp

On 11/03/2009 03:49 AM, Joseph wrote:

> I had upgraded from 9.04 to 9.1. While I had problems with my video and
> sound in the beginning, that was corrected, and my sound and video was
> doing great, except for some hissing and crackling in the sound.
>
> Now that I've upgraded, my video seems to be working sporadically, it
> doesn't work at times on YouTube. My sound seems to work at times and
> other times it's not.
>
> I've double checked on my "flash plug ins" and I find "Adobe Flash" is
> there, as well as "Gnash SWF Viewer"

Via Synaptic (System|Administration|Synaptic...); uninstall Gnash. Be
sure to use the 'Completely Remove' settng. Test to see if that helps.
In the past I've had issues when both Adobe Flash and Gnash were
installed together. If it doesn't work, then you can always easily
reinstall Gnash.

Refs:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoftwareManagement
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynapticHowto
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community

Old 11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Joseph

NoOp, you're always a big help. I tried several videos and it "seems"
to be working great now. Thanks loads!! If I find there's still a
quirk, I'll get back, but it seems to be corrected.

Joseph

Old 11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
born

sorry,I do't know how to describe it.
I have updated the system from 9.04 to 9.10.there are many problems have arisen.
my suggestion is backup your data and reinstall the OS.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Joseph

I just discovered, that on YouTube, not only does the audio not work,
but the video will play for only two seconds at a shot. I have to click
the marker and it plays for another two seconds.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Joseph

It played some last evening, and did nicely, but now it's not doing the
audio again.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
NoOp

On 11/05/2009 04:19 AM, Joseph wrote:

> It played some last evening, and did nicely, but now it's not doing the
> audio again.

Please bottom post here :-)

I wonder if your issue is the same that I am experiencing on an old A21m
Thinkpad that I just upgrade to 9.10; hissing/crackling & sound issues.
I did some looking around today (after having to rewire the outside
phone jacks when my DSL went down) and came across these. Have a look &
see if any applies to your sound issues as well.

<http://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+%2Bkarmic+%2Bsound+%2Bhissing&btnG =Search&complete=0&hl=en&sa=2>

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/290480
[audio hiss/crackle sound only using pulseaudio]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/301755?comments=all>
[Crackling noise after update to pulseaudio]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/445849
[Highpitched Rattling like Sound with 5.1 Surround Configuration on
Karmic Koala]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-lib/+bug/462283
["Creative Audigy 2 ZS Notebook" and the volume control of Ubuntu 9.10 -
ALSA profile]

Lot's of stuff to go through there & I honestly haven't had time today
to mess with it; but suffice it to say that my sound on the laptop is
pretty well screwed up as well... so I'll find a cure.