Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
William

Default error with my blackberry

I install berry4all it finds my blackberry but when I try to connect to
the internet I get this has any know hot to get it to work ?
Found RIM device (Dual Mode)
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_gui.py", line 655, in run
self.bbtether.start(self.options, self.args)
File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_tether.py", line 84, in start
berry.read_endpoints(options.interface)
File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_data.py", line 41, in read_endpoints
bb_usb.read_bb_endpoints(self,interface)
File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_usb.py", line 118, in
read_bb_endpoints
bb_messenging.log("
Manufacturer:"+handle.getString(berry.iManufacture r,100))
USBError: error sending control message: Operation not permitted

Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Fred Roller

William wrote:
> I install berry4all it finds my blackberry but when I try to connect to
> the internet I get this has any know hot to get it to work ?
> Found RIM device (Dual Mode)
> Exception in thread Thread-1:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
> self.run()
> File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_gui.py", line 655, in run
> self.bbtether.start(self.options, self.args)
> File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_tether.py", line 84, in start
> berry.read_endpoints(options.interface)
> File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_data.py", line 41, in read_endpoints
> bb_usb.read_bb_endpoints(self,interface)
> File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_usb.py", line 118, in
> read_bb_endpoints
> bb_messenging.log("
> Manufacturer:"+handle.getString(berry.iManufacture r,100))
> USBError: error sending control message: Operation not permitted

Some times you need to pull the battery from the phone after the
install. It's a work around but works.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."

Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 AM
William

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 17:45 -0500, Fred Roller wrote:
> William wrote:
> > I install berry4all it finds my blackberry but when I try to connect to
> > the internet I get this has any know hot to get it to work ?
> > Found RIM device (Dual Mode)
> > Exception in thread Thread-1:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
> > self.run()
> > File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_gui.py", line 655, in run
> > self.bbtether.start(self.options, self.args)
> > File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_tether.py", line 84, in start
> > berry.read_endpoints(options.interface)
> > File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_data.py", line 41, in read_endpoints
> > bb_usb.read_bb_endpoints(self,interface)
> > File "/home/william/bbtether/bb_usb.py", line 118, in
> > read_bb_endpoints
> > bb_messenging.log("
> > Manufacturer:"+handle.getString(berry.iManufacture r,100))
> > USBError: error sending control message: Operation not permitted
> >

> Some times you need to pull the battery from the phone after the
> install. It's a work around but works
I got it to work I had to run it in root