Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 AM
James Black

Default Increasing Linux Partion...

What's the best way of going about this?
I read somewhere about using Norton Ghost but i dont trust it.
it's commercial software and i dont have any money to be paying for that.
ANy other suggestions besides using that resource hog?

Old 01-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Selcuk Yigit

James Black wrote:
> What's the best way of going about this?
> I read somewhere about using Norton Ghost but i dont trust it.
> it's commercial software and i dont have any money to be paying for that.
> ANy other suggestions besides using that resource hog?

it is Norton Partition Magic...

i did not hear any other software doing the same job..
its the best for partition resizing.. (without data loose )

Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 AM
James Takac

On Thursday 03 January 2008 12:14:51 James Black wrote:
> What's the best way of going about this?
> I read somewhere about using Norton Ghost but i dont trust it.
> it's commercial software and i dont have any money to be paying for that.
> ANy other suggestions besides using that resource hog?

Hi James

You could used gparted from the repositories

James

Old 01-03-2008, 01:56 AM
anthony baldwin

Selcuk Yigit wrote:
> James Black wrote:
>
>> What's the best way of going about this?
>> I read somewhere about using Norton Ghost but i dont trust it.
>> it's commercial software and i dont have any money to be paying for that.
>> ANy other suggestions besides using that resource hog?
>>

> it is Norton Partition Magic...
>
> i did not hear any other software doing the same job..
> its the best for partition resizing.. (without data loose )

Bah...horton's partition smegma...
Drop in any ubuntu livecd and use gparted.
It works great and is simple to use.

/tony

--
http://www.BaldwinLinguas.com