Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Detlef Lechner

Default Wanted: A list of Linux kernel subsystems

Hello,

http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.631/Documentation/development-process/2.Process:
"The kernel code base is logically broken down into a set of subsystems:
networking, specific architecture support, memory management, video
devices, etc."
Where can I find a list which lists all Linux kernel subsystems?

Regards,
Detlef Lechner

Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Chan Chung Hang Christopher

Detlef Lechner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.631/Documentation/development-process/2.Process:
> "The kernel code base is logically broken down into a set of subsystems:
> networking, specific architecture support, memory management, video
> devices, etc."
> Where can I find a list which lists all Linux kernel subsystems?

The kernel source tree...

Even the just the modules directory reflects some of that.

ls /lib64/modules/2.6.27-14-generic/kernel/
arch crypto drivers fs lib net sound ubuntu

ls /lib64/modules/2.6.27-14-generic/kernel/drivers/
acpi auxdisplay cdrom crypto edac gpu i2c input
md mfd mtd pci rtc spi uio virtio
ata block char dca firmware hid ieee1394 isdn
media misc net pcmcia scsi ssb usb w1
atm bluetooth cpufreq dma gpio hwmon infiniband leds
message mmc parport power serial telephony video watchdog

Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Detlef Lechner

Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
> Detlef Lechner wrote:

>> Where can I find a list which lists all Linux kernel subsystems?

> The kernel source tree...
>
> Even the just the modules directory reflects some of that.
>
> ls /lib64/modules/2.6.27-14-generic/kernel/
> arch crypto drivers fs lib net sound ubuntu
>
> ls /lib64/modules/2.6.27-14-generic/kernel/drivers/
> acpi auxdisplay cdrom crypto edac gpu i2c input
> md mfd mtd pci rtc spi uio virtio
> ata block char dca firmware hid ieee1394 isdn
> media misc net pcmcia scsi ssb usb w1
> atm bluetooth cpufreq dma gpio hwmon infiniband leds
> message mmc parport power serial telephony video watchdog

Ah! Thank you very much for your help.

Detlef

Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)"

On Mon, November 2, 2009 13:47, Detlef Lechner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.631/Documentation/development-process/2.Process:
> "The kernel code base is logically broken down into a set of subsystems:
> networking, specific architecture support, memory management, video
> devices, etc."
> Where can I find a list which lists all Linux kernel subsystems?

Is this a homework question?
I ask this because of your other question.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Brian J Mingus

Have a look at this: http://www.makelinux.net/kernel_map_intro

Old 11-15-2009, 03:47 PM