Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Evuraan

Default howto modify actions performed by gnome's shutdown button

Ubuntu 9.10 desktop wont shutdown OK if I choose shutdown from gnome
(from upper right corner of the gnome screen) , I often have to
physically power down the sytstem. I want to modify the actions
performed when I choose shutdown, for instance, I want to add

echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

to the events triggered by the shutdown button.

How can I modify the shutdown button's behaviour? any help wud be much
appreciated, thx.