Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
John Graddy

Default Jaunty Jackalope

I want to download an iso of Ubuntu 9.04. releases.ubuntu doesn't seem
to work. Everything that I find with Google seems to go to
releases.ubuntu. Does anyone know where a 9.04 iso can be downloaded?

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:38 AM
"Mark H. Nichols"

On Nov 1, 2009, at 7:32 PM, John Graddy wrote:

> I want to download an iso of Ubuntu 9.04. releases.ubuntu doesn't
> seem
> to work. Everything that I find with Google seems to go to
> releases.ubuntu. Does anyone know where a 9.04 iso can be downloaded?

Here. ftp://ubuntu.osuosl.org/pub/ubuntu-releases/

Mark

Old 11-02-2009, 12:38 AM
born

http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ubuntu.com/releases/

you can download the ubuntu 9.04 from this mirror.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors

this is the mirror list.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 AM
NoOp

On 11/01/2009 05:32 PM, John Graddy wrote:
> I want to download an iso of Ubuntu 9.04. releases.ubuntu doesn't seem
> to work. Everything that I find with Google seems to go to
> releases.ubuntu. Does anyone know where a 9.04 iso can be downloaded?
>
> Thanks.

Seems like a main webpage issue. A note to:
webmaster@ubuntu.com
might be in order.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/
http://releases.ubuntu.com/jaunty/
works for me.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

John Graddy wrote:
> I want to download an iso of Ubuntu 9.04. releases.ubuntu doesn't seem
> to work. Everything that I find with Google seems to go to
> releases.ubuntu. Does anyone know where a 9.04 iso can be downloaded?
>
> Thanks.

Go to any place you can get Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/

and look around. They are pushing 9.10 today but you get 9.04
from the same place.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
NoOp

On 11/02/2009 04:47 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> John Graddy wrote:
>> I want to download an iso of Ubuntu 9.04. releases.ubuntu doesn't seem
>> to work. Everything that I find with Google seems to go to
>> releases.ubuntu. Does anyone know where a 9.04 iso can be downloaded?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Go to any place you can get Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/
>
> and look around. They are pushing 9.10 today but you get 9.04
> from the same place.

Actually you can't. That's the point I was making in

Seems like a main webpage issue. A note to:
webmaster@ubuntu.com
might be in order.

There is no easy way to find 9.04 on the newly designed website. I
looked and I can't figure out how to get 9.04 from the www.ubuntu.com
website, can you?

http://releases.ubuntu.com/
http://releases.ubuntu.com/jaunty/

Works, but of course that's because I knew where to look & didn't get
that info from the www.ubuntu.com website.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Ian Coetzee

On 02/11/2009 18:52, NoOp wrote:
> On 11/02/2009 04:47 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> John Graddy wrote:
>>
>>> I want to download an iso of Ubuntu 9.04. releases.ubuntu doesn't seem
>>> to work. Everything that I find with Google seems to go to
>>> releases.ubuntu. Does anyone know where a 9.04 iso can be downloaded?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Go to any place you can get Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/
>>
>> and look around. They are pushing 9.10 today but you get 9.04
>> from the same place.
>>
> Actually you can't. That's the point I was making in
>
> Seems like a main webpage issue. A note to:
> webmaster@ubuntu.com
> might be in order.
>
> There is no easy way to find 9.04 on the newly designed website. I
> looked and I can't figure out how to get 9.04 from the www.ubuntu.com
> website, can you?
>
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/jaunty/
>
> Works, but of course that's because I knew where to look& didn't get
> that info from the www.ubuntu.com website.

I usually just head to my nearest mirror to download images, I do see
your point though, they dont even have links to the other distros

Regards