Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
marvin mckinley

Default html editor ?

y sir,blasphemy I say LOL

Gerald Dachs <ubuntu@dachsweb.de> wrote: Am Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:41:27 -0500
schrieb Schiz0 :

> Much better than *cough* emacs *cough*

(E)ight (M)egabytes (A)lways (C)ontinously (S)wapping,
when I started this was unbelievable much memory.

Gerald

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.--

Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Adam McGreggor

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 08:41:27PM -0500, Schiz0 wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 8:23 PM, Alex Janssen <alex@ourwoods.org> wrote:
> > Schiz0 said the following on 01/02/2008 07:42 PM:

> > > vim.
> > >
> > wysiwyg ?
>
> Nah, vim is a command line text editor. It's powerful once you learn
> how to use it though. Much better than *cough* emacs *cough*

he's after an editor, not a whole operating system

(i'm pro vim, anti-emacs : in case any-one was confused)

Some sort of revision/versioning system might be useful, too, but
that could be overkill (RCS/CVS/SVN/the other one - Bazar, is it?/&c)

On a side-note, if you ~are~ going to use vim, make sure you install/use
vim-full, not vim-tiny. First thing i do on a new box: install vim-full
(then an export EDITOR)

Old 01-04-2008, 01:51 AM
"Kim Briggs"

> I was looking for something to work both as wysiwyg and text editor.

Bluefish for a very advanced text editor.

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

I've never tried WYSIWYG with it. I think my friend said he used
the editor in the free-software mozilla suite, Sea Monkey

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com

Old 01-04-2008, 02:55 AM
debian

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 19:28 -0500, Alex Janssen wrote:
> What's the best on in the Ubuntu repository?
> Outside the repository?
> Don't really need a site manager, but I'd take one if it's included.
>
> Alex

the two that i use are:
for WYSIWYG editors - Kompozer
for Textual editors - Gedit / scream html editor

i perfer to take the technical way out and use gedit and just code my
site, but at my school i attend, we often use kompozer to build our
websites

hth
--cj

Old 01-04-2008, 02:56 AM
debian

> > bluefish
> I was looking for something to work both as wysiwyg and text editor. I
> like switching back and forth depending on the job. I've been using
> text editors, Dreamweaver, NVU, Kompozer. It always seems that I start
> off in wysiwyg and inevitibly have to switch to text mode to correct
> code. NVU doesn't put you in the same place when you switch to code
> view. I always have to find my place. Dreamweaver was real good about
> that. I haven't found anything that works like that for linux, yet. I
> know there is one, though. Somewhere. I see I have some testing ahead
> of me.
>
> --
> Ourwoods.org
> A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts. - Unknown (158)

ok, then you could try Kompozer or Quanta. those are the only two that i
know of that are WYSIWYG editors

--cj

Old 01-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Craig Puchta