Old 11-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Sam Przyswa

Default NetworkManager and Vodafone Mobile Connect

Hi,

On Ubuntu 9.04 I have problems with NetworkManager and Vodafone Mobile Connect (Internet via mobilephone) when it connect to internat via ppp interface Firefox doesn't see the opened connection. Firefox only see the connections opened with NetworkManager, NM is very unstable and buggy, on my desktop I had to remove it and configure by hands the /etc/network/interface.

How to fix the problem and make Firefox working with VMC ?

Sam.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Steve Reilly

Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Ubuntu 9.04 I have problems with NetworkManager and Vodafone Mobile
> Connect (Internet via mobilephone) when it connect to internat via ppp
> interface Firefox doesn't see the opened connection. Firefox only see
> the connections opened with NetworkManager, NM is very unstable and
> buggy, on my desktop I had to remove it and configure by hands the
> /etc/network/interface.
>
> How to fix the problem and make Firefox working with VMC ?
>
> Sam.

ive ran into that problem before, at first i just unchecked "work off
line" in firefox, and everything was fine as long as ppp interface was
being used. I believe its a flaw in the vodaphone software that doesnt
pass the connection is available to firefox for some reason. you can
also use gnome-ppp, not as bloaty, and firefox recognizes the
connection. thats what i use, snap to setup, fill in a couple lines,
and click connect.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com