Old 11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
NoOp

Default Brasero won't copy a CD

On 10/15/2009 11:20 AM, Graham Watkins wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> I just tried to copy a music CD using Brasero - something that has never
> given me any trouble before. However 2 attempts left me with something
> containing only one track and was unplayable both in my hi-fi and my
> computer. I therefore decided to try another tack and tried to create
> a new CD using tracks off of the original. Brasero gave me the message
> "Track 1.wav could not be handled by GStreamer. Make sure the
> appropriate codec is installed" Any idea what the appropriate codec
> might be? I have all the usual GStreamer stuff installed.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and the Brasero version is 2.26.1.
>
> I've converted the CD to MP3s and I'm going to try and burn those but I
> don't consider this a permanent satisfactory solution.

Graham, just noticed in today's proposed updates for karmic:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
brasero (2.28.2-0ubuntu1) karmic-proposed; urgency=low

* New upstream version: (LP: #458709)
- Data project: multiple file rename do not work
- Remember volume title
- Crash when launching with -e option
- brasero crashed with SIGSEGV in
brasero_burn_session_set_image_output_full() (LP: #449644)
- Make burning audio cds with brasero work (LP: #459103)

But wait... there's more!
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/459103
<quote>
Pedro Villavicencio wrote on 2009-10-30: #5

This is not working fine, The option to burn a cd with rhythmbox now
works, yes, but only the first track of the playlist is burned into the
cd, the others are just ignored.
</quote>

Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Graham Todd

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 10:53:53 -0800
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> uttered these words:

> On 10/15/2009 11:20 AM, Graham Watkins wrote:
> > Evening all,
> >
> > I just tried to copy a music CD using Brasero - something that has
> > never given me any trouble before. However 2 attempts left me with
> > something containing only one track and was unplayable both in my
> > hi-fi and my computer. I therefore decided to try another tack
> > and tried to create a new CD using tracks off of the original.
> > Brasero gave me the message "Track 1.wav could not be handled by
> > GStreamer. Make sure the appropriate codec is installed" Any idea
> > what the appropriate codec might be? I have all the usual
> > GStreamer stuff installed.
> >
> > I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and the Brasero version is 2.26.1.
> >
> > I've converted the CD to MP3s and I'm going to try and burn those
> > but I don't consider this a permanent satisfactory solution.
>

> Graham, just noticed in today's proposed updates for karmic:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
> brasero (2.28.2-0ubuntu1) karmic-proposed; urgency=low
>
> * New upstream version: (LP: #458709)
> - Data project: multiple file rename do not work
> - Remember volume title
> - Crash when launching with -e option
> - brasero crashed with SIGSEGV in
> brasero_burn_session_set_image_output_full() (LP: #449644)
> - Make burning audio cds with brasero work (LP: #459103)
>
> But wait... there's more!
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/459103
> <quote>
> Pedro Villavicencio wrote on 2009-10-30: #5
>
> This is not working fine, The option to burn a cd with rhythmbox now
> works, yes, but only the first track of the playlist is burned into
> the cd, the others are just ignored.
> </quote>

Why not use Gnomebaker?

--
Graham Todd
Please, no MS-Office documents -

The contents of this email are licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
To view a copy of this licence, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk/

Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 AM
NoOp

On 11/02/2009 04:54 PM, Graham Todd wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 10:53:53 -0800
> NoOp <snipped email address> - why to folks not configure their email/newreader client to snip the email address in their quote response?> uttered these words:
>> Graham, just noticed in today's proposed updates for karmic:
>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
>> brasero (2.28.2-0ubuntu1) karmic-proposed; urgency=low
>>
>> * New upstream version: (LP: #458709)
>> - Data project: multiple file rename do not work
>> - Remember volume title
>> - Crash when launching with -e option
>> - brasero crashed with SIGSEGV in
>> brasero_burn_session_set_image_output_full() (LP: #449644)
>> - Make burning audio cds with brasero work (LP: #459103)
>>
>> But wait... there's more!
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/459103
>> <quote>
>> Pedro Villavicencio wrote on 2009-10-30: #5
>>
>> This is not working fine, The option to burn a cd with rhythmbox now
>> works, yes, but only the first track of the playlist is burned into
>> the cd, the others are just ignored.
>> </quote>
>>

> Why not use Gnomebaker?

I use k3b & wanted to let you know about the current "status" :-)
Gnomebaker has issues as well & created a few interesting 'coasters'.