Old 11-01-2009, 11:01 AM
bqz69

Default please top-post

ubuntu-users is a high traffic list.

I would prefer people to top post, that is write their message on top of the
e-mail.

A lot of the messages is only important to certain people.

It would be more convenient, with the text on top, so the messages can be read
(skimmed) more quickly - that is you do not need to open each message and
scroll through the whole message :-)

Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Steve Flynn

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 12:01 PM, bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> ubuntu-users is a high traffic list.

No - it's not. LKML is a relatively high volume this - this isn't.

> I would prefer people to top post, that is write their message on top of the
> e-mail.

Oh, not again. This has been done to death for years... Cue endless
debate about top/bottom/inline replies, which will result in no
changes to peoples posting habits.

I for one, would welcome the trimming of shite from posts, but it'll
never happen - some people just won't do it... (and I'm looking at you
Larsen).

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 11-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Andy

2009/11/1 bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com>:
> It would be more convenient, with the text on top, so the messages can be read
> (skimmed) more quickly - that is you do not need to open each message and
> scroll through the whole message :-)

Please read the Mailling List Etiquette, particularly the section on quoting:

You may find it useful to enable message threading in kmail.
For instructions on how to do this consult the kmail manual or see this page:
<http://email.about.com/cs/kmailtips/qt/et012804.htm>

I don't use kmail so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the above instructions.

Andy

--
$ fortune
bug, n:

Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

11/01/2009 03:01 PM, bqz69::
> ubuntu-users is a high traffic list.

Yes.

> I would prefer people to top post, that is write their message on top of the
> e-mail.

I would prefer you to go away.

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

Replying is so easy:
http://demo.ovh.com/en/9a460482219bce41e33f489e471a1e49/

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Chan Chung Hang Christopher

>> I would prefer people to top post, that is write their message on top of the
>> e-mail.
>>

> I would prefer you to go away.

With a bit of work, you might reach the level that Robin Socha did on
the qmail list.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

11/01/2009 04:31 PM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher:
>>> I would prefer people to top post, that is write their message on top of the
>>> e-mail.
>> I would prefer you to go away.
> With a bit of work, you might reach the level that Robin Socha did on
> the qmail list.

Although it does not fit all the criterias:
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Win_An_Internet_Flame_War
he has a doubtfull username and an idiot speech on
a well known subject here.

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 11-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> 11/01/2009 04:31 PM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher:

>>> I would prefer you to go away.
>>>
>> With a bit of work, you might reach the level that Robin Socha did on
>> the qmail list.
>>

> Although it does not fit all the criterias:
> http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Win_An_Internet_Flame_War
> he has a doubtfull username and an idiot speech on
> a well known subject here.

well...Robin Socha was usually dead on on whatever he had to say. Just
that he added plenty of spice. Just wondered if you would like to attain
his level. :-P

Old 11-01-2009, 03:07 PM
mohamed beyrem makhlouf

What's up, doc ?

2009/11/1 Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk>

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

> 11/01/2009 04:31 PM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher:

>>> I would prefer you to go away.

>> With a bit of work, you might reach the level that Robin Socha did on

>> the qmail list.

> Although it does not fit all the criterias:

> http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Win_An_Internet_Flame_War

> he has a doubtfull username and an idiot speech on

> a well known subject here.

well...Robin Socha was usually dead on on whatever he had to say. Just

that he added plenty of spice. Just wondered if you would like to attain

his level. :-P

makhlouf mohamed beyrem

ingénieur en informatique chez sagemcom

linux addected

Old 11-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Zoolook

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:01 AM, bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> ubuntu-users is a high traffic list.

you don't know what a high traffic list is.

> I would prefer people to top post, that is write their message on top of the
> e-mail.

I would prefer people to correctly quote emails.

> A lot of the messages is only important to certain people.

Obviously.

> It would be more convenient, with the text on top, so the messages can be read
> (skimmed) more quickly - that is you do not need to open each message and
> scroll through the whole message :-)

Top post tends to generate bigger messages.