Old 11-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Pierre Frenkiel

Default no sound after upgrade to karmic

after upgrading to Karmic, no more sound.
The only way I found to make it to work was to
rename /usr/bin/pulsaudio (I didn't want to remove now the
package).
I think it's related to the pulseaudio config files,
but I have no idea of the way to fill it:
How can I find the parameters for:
default-sink
default-source
default-server
in client.conf?

--
Pierre Frenkiel

Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
NoOp

On 11/01/2009 01:27 AM, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> after upgrading to Karmic, no more sound.
> The only way I found to make it to work was to
> rename /usr/bin/pulsaudio (I didn't want to remove now the
> package).
> I think it's related to the pulseaudio config files,
> but I have no idea of the way to fill it:
> How can I find the parameters for:
> default-sink
> default-source
> default-server
> in client.conf?

I'd recommend installing padevchooser.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Doug Robinson

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/01/2009 01:27 AM, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
>
>> after upgrading to Karmic, no more sound.
>> The only way I found to make it to work was to
>> rename /usr/bin/pulsaudio (I didn't want to remove now the
>> package).
>> I think it's related to the pulseaudio config files,
>> but I have no idea of the way to fill it:
>> How can I find the parameters for:
>> default-sink
>> default-source
>> default-server
>> in client.conf?
>>

> I'd recommend installing padevchooser.
>
> ahh - what does padevchooser do? the manual seems a bit light on info
dkr

Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
NoOp

On 11/01/2009 11:08 AM, Doug Robinson wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 11/01/2009 01:27 AM, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
>>
>>> after upgrading to Karmic, no more sound.
>>> The only way I found to make it to work was to
>>> rename /usr/bin/pulsaudio (I didn't want to remove now the
>>> package).
>>> I think it's related to the pulseaudio config files,
>>> but I have no idea of the way to fill it:
>>> How can I find the parameters for:
>>> default-sink
>>> default-source

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/padevchooser

Old 11-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Pierre Frenkiel

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, NoOp wrote:

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/padevchooser
To show my good will, I installed padevchooser, paman...
The behaviour of these pulsaudio tools is rather hard to understand:
First, paman actually showed me the sink and source to put in /etc/pulse/client.conf
After that, still pulseaudio errors, and no sound.
Then, I delete ~/.pulse ==> great, sound works...but now paman no more works, as well
as pavumeter, and so on. ("can't connect" messages)
More strange: I get pulsaudio messages polluting an Xdialog call, making it unusable !!!
I then definitively purged the pulseaudio suite, and everything works fine
in the sound and Xdialog worlds.

--
Pierre Frenkiel