Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Nikita Manovich

Default can't watch embedded youtube clips

Hi All,

I have a really strange issue. I can't watch any embedded youtube
clips in any browser on my Ubuntu 9.10. I tried firefox and epiphany.
Does anybody has the issue?

Details:
For example, I can't watch youtube video from
http://adblockplus.org/en (just click play and nothing happens). But if
I click right button of my mouse and choose "watch on youtube" I can
play the clip
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvb2SjVjjI&feature=player_embedded). It
is definitely problem with my system because epiphany has the same
issue... May be a package is absent?

nikman@nikman-desktop:~$ uname -a
Linux nikman-desktop 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16
14:05:01 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

nikman@nikman-desktop:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=karmic
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.10"

--
Best regards,
Nikita Manovich.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Karan Agnihotri

Hi nikita
*
Dear right click mouse buttoon on youtube file then select open with.., ahter that select your file then select 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
*
from next time u will be direct play your youtube files.
*
*
Akhil Chauhan