Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Knute Johnson

Default Where did xorg.conf go?

I just installed xubuntu on my laptop and I need to edit xorg.conf to
get it into 1024x768 but there is no xorg.conf?

What's up with that?

--

Knute Johnson
knute2009@knutejohnson.com

Old 11-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Steve Reilly

Knute Johnson wrote:
> I just installed xubuntu on my laptop and I need to edit xorg.conf to
> get it into 1024x768 but there is no xorg.conf?
>
> What's up with that?

full path is /etc/X11/xorg.conf

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

Old 11-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Knute Johnson

Steve Reilly wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>> I just installed xubuntu on my laptop and I need to edit xorg.conf to
>> get it into 1024x768 but there is no xorg.conf?
>>
>> What's up with that?
>>

> full path is /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Yeah, that's kind of my point, its not there.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 AM
Steve Reilly

Knute Johnson wrote:
> Steve Reilly wrote:
>> Knute Johnson wrote:
>>> I just installed xubuntu on my laptop and I need to edit xorg.conf to
>>> get it into 1024x768 but there is no xorg.conf?
>>>
>>> What's up with that?
>>>
>> full path is /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>>

> Yeah, that's kind of my point, its not there.

whats the output of

locate xorg.conf

in a terminal

--