Old 10-31-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Wifi Speed

I have a D-link wifi card communicating with a D-link Gaming Router. I get good -N performance with this setup under Windows that displays 300 mb/s connectivity but on this new Ubuntu install the throughput is atrocious. What tools are available to tweak connection speeds. The simple tools placed on the menu by default are too vanilla and give only the most basic options. Right now it says I have a -g connection and the fastest download speed I've seen is 90KB/s. On Windows my download speed on this computer is 2.5MB/s. Searches on google and the Ubuntu documentation give me tons of pages about everything EXCEPT tweaking the connect speed.* Any suggestions?

Regards,

John