Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Jim Smith

Default No Icon

After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
Anyone else have this issue and solve it?

Thanks

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 10-31-2009, 07:27 PM
NoOp

On 10/31/2009 12:58 PM, Jim Smith wrote:
> After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
> missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
> 'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
> Anyone else have this issue and solve it?

/usr/share/pixmaps/firefox-3.5.png
is what mine shows.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Steve

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:58:28 -0000, Jim Smith <jim@oz.net> wrote:

> After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
> missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
> 'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
> Anyone else have this issue and solve it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

I’ve lost the Firefox icon on 9.04 after the latest updates to Firefox 3.0
and 3.5. find says its in /usr/share/pixmaps/ but browsing for it under
properties doesn’t show any pngs there. I’ve had to copy and paste the
full location in.
--
Steve

Old 10-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Graham M Whittenberg

I used the right clicked on the one
showing and it allowed me to search for an icon.* It found it, but you
could drop the tool bar version and use the version in, Applications /
Internet, it should be there as well.

Steve wrote:

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:58:28 -0000, Jim Smith <jim@oz.net> wrote:

After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
Anyone else have this issue and solve it?

Thanks

Jim

I’ve lost the Firefox icon on 9.04 after the latest updates to Firefox 3.0
and 3.5. find says its in /usr/share/pixmaps/ but browsing for it under
properties doesn’t show any pngs there. I’ve had to copy and paste the
full location in.

--
Graham M. Whittenberg
Morristown, TN

Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Steve

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:53:37 -0000, Graham M Whittenberg
<csdiwhitt@netscape.net> wrote:

> I used the right clicked on the one showing and it allowed me to search
> for an
> icon. It found it, but you could drop the tool bar version and use the
> version
> in, Applications / Internet, it should be there as well.

That’s what I was doing and then getting confused. sorted that bit
though. The only fire fox icon on that machine is the old blue globe.
I’ve copied the icon with the wee beastie from another machine and
everything looks nice again.
--
Steve

Old 10-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Jim Smith

NoOp wrote:
> On 10/31/2009 12:58 PM, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
>> missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
>> 'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
>> Anyone else have this issue and solve it?
>>

> /usr/share/pixmaps/firefox-3.5.png
> is what mine shows.

Thanks, that did it.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 10-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Jim Smith

Steve wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:58:28 -0000, Jim Smith <jim@oz.net> wrote:
>

>> After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
>> missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
>> 'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
>> Anyone else have this issue and solve it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim
>>

> I’ve lost the Firefox icon on 9.04 after the latest updates to Firefox 3.0
> and 3.5. find says its in /usr/share/pixmaps/ but browsing for it under
> properties doesn’t show any pngs there. I’ve had to copy and paste the
> full location in.

See above. I found it there and was able to change it in the program
properties. Also in the Applications menu using alacarte.

Many thanks.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 10-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Jim Smith

Graham M Whittenberg wrote:
> I used the right clicked on the one showing and it allowed me to
> search for an icon. It found it, but you could drop the tool bar
> version and use the version in, Applications / Internet, it should be
> there as well.
>
> Steve wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:58:28 -0000, Jim Smith <jim@oz.net> wrote:
>>

>>> After I upgraded to 9.10 I noticed that the icon for Firefox 3.5 was
>>> missing. Only a generic one is provided. I looked thru /usr/share/icons
>>> 'till my eyes were bloodshot but couldn't find one.
>>> Anyone else have this issue and solve it?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>> I’ve lost the Firefox icon on 9.04 after the latest updates to Firefox 3.0
>> and 3.5. find says its in /usr/share/pixmaps/ but browsing for it under
>> properties doesn’t show any pngs there. I’ve had to copy and paste the
>> full location in.
>>

> --
> Graham M. Whittenberg
> Morristown, TN

Thanks, basically did that. NoOp put me on the right path.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............