Old 10-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Ken

Default Hibernate on dead battery

I recently upgraded to Jaunty and I'm quite happy with it but there are a
few little hiccups that I would like to resolve. Most importantly,
Jaunty doesn't hibernate on battery failure. I've set the correct
option, but I think the OS has an over estimate of the time left before
it needs to hibernate. Is there anyway to tell it to go ahead and
hibernate when there are 10 minutes of battery life left or something
similar?

Thanks!

--
Ken <ktxl45@gmail.com>

Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Ken

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:29:37 +0000, Ken wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Jaunty and I'm quite happy with it but there are
> a few little hiccups that I would like to resolve. Most importantly,
> Jaunty doesn't hibernate on battery failure. I've set the correct
> option, but I think the OS has an over estimate of the time left before
> it needs to hibernate. Is there anyway to tell it to go ahead and
> hibernate when there are 10 minutes of battery life left or something
> similar?
>
> Thanks!

I guess there is no way to handle this at this time?

--
Ken <ktxl45@gmail.com>

Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Xandros Pilosa

Dne 01.11.2009 (ned) ob 00:02 +0000 je Ken zapisal(a):
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:29:37 +0000, Ken wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded to Jaunty and I'm quite happy with it but there are
> > a few little hiccups that I would like to resolve. Most importantly,
> > Jaunty doesn't hibernate on battery failure. I've set the correct
> > option, but I think the OS has an over estimate of the time left before
> > it needs to hibernate. Is there anyway to tell it to go ahead and
> > hibernate when there are 10 minutes of battery life left or something
> > similar?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> I guess there is no way to handle this at this time?
>

> --
> Ken <ktxl45@gmail.com>

Hello Ken,

This topic has been addressed on this list. Please see archives from
August, thread --> "Jaunty: computer does not hibernate/suspend after
critically low battery"):
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-August/194269.html

Sorry for late response. Anyway I hope it helps.

Regards