Old 10-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Stefan Onken

Default Karmic and urbanterror

Hello,

since a brand new karmic installation on my computer I don't have sound
with Urbanterror. Ok, I googled for the problem and found one solution:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Spiele/UrbanTerror suggesting to replace
libsdl1.2debian-alsa with libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio. Which I did...

it looks pretty ok to me:
/home/stonki# aptitude search libsdl1.2debian
i libsdl1.2debian

p libsdl1.2debian-all

c libsdl1.2debian-alsa

p libsdl1.2debian-esd

p libsdl1.2debian-nas

libsdl1.2debian-oss

i libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio

At the start of urbanterror I am getting:

------ Initializing Sound ------
Initializing SDL audio driver...
SDL audio driver is "(UNKNOWN)".
SDL_OpenAudio() failed: No available audio device
Sound initialization failed.
--------------------------------

Any ideas ?

Stonki

Old 10-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Stefan Onken

Stefan Onken wrote:

> Any ideas ?

yes, it might be helpful to install "pulseaudio" as well. Once I
installed the package everything was ok..

Stonki