Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Chi Gao

Default Problem when installing wubi 9.10 under win 7 enterprise

I was installing xp in C, win7 pro in G disk and ubuntu 9.04 with
parition of 30GB in part of D disk . Yesterday I update my win7 to
enterprise provided by my school in C disk, then I just
format the G disk holding elder version of win7, forgetting to
uninstall ubuntu 9.04 using control panel. So I uninstall it manually:

1. Using the wubi uninstall exe file
2. Write a reg file that delete the wubi reg( under direction if
someone on the net)

Then I run the 9.10 iso and choose the second buttun trying to install
it in G disk with 30GB. The total volum of G is 85GB.

But there is always some problem when intallig it, here are 2 main
phenomons:
1: when the installation goes around 73%, it comes to an error saying
the installation cannot complete (sorry I forgot the details...if
needed I mAy try it again and write down the detail reasons). Then I
was led into ubutu, login and there is an installation icon on desk. I
click it and it says I need some steps to complete the installation.
There are 6 steps and whn I goes to the 4 or 5, it says errors in disk
partition, and led me to the disk manager. Nomatter what I do(such as
format the G disk)

2. Sometimes I finished installing the ubuntu(it just goes to 100%),
and reboot my laptop. While there do be two choices when restart: win7
and ubuntu. But when I choose ubuntu, it comes grub:>sh and I don't
know what to do with it. I have checked the Internet and found someone
had the same problem with me when using 9.10 beta, unsolved.

I tried many times reinstalling, never works.

Just now I tried to install 9.04 on g

Old 10-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Chi Gao

Just now I tried to install 9.04 on G and it works. I thought it was something wro with my partition, but now it seems something is wrong with wubi 9.10 under win 7. While since someone has installed successfully, maybe I do have problems with my laptop as well......
Anyone had been faced with the same problem? And anyone know how to do with it.....
So many rhanks for reading such a long and ugly letter, truely thanks...
Have good weekends!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Goh Lip

Chi Gao wrote:

> and ubuntu. But when I choose ubuntu, it comes grub:>sh and I don't
> know what to do with it.

Ni Hao,

At grub:>sh

type "ls" (without quotation " ")
note print out

Then type "search -f /boot/grub/grub.cfg" (again, without " ")

Note print-out.
Say you recognize the ubuntu 9.10 as (hd0,3) <<or whatever>>
then type "configfile (hd0,3)/boot/grub/grub.cfg" (without " ")

When booted to ubuntu, at terminal type

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Regards,
Goh Lip